Monday, October 13, 2008

catching up and keeping up






Wow~~ So it has really been a while since I have posted anything! It's not that I haven't been online~I just haven't taken the time to write. I have good intentions but then get preoccupied!
SO I will just write about a couple of the "big" events that has happened lately.
On October 4 my grandfather who I call Papa~I cried through the whole wedding. It was such a bittersweet moment. I am so happy that he has found someone to spend his life with. At the same time it was hard to see him with someone other than my grandma. My grandma died April 10, 2007. It was very sudden and very hard for our family. So I am very happy for my grandfather. Wilma, his new bride, seems to be very nice and kind. She does remind me alot of my grandma but that is ok. I hope they are happy together. I am keeping an open mind...or trying to. So we went to the wedding and the reception afterwards~then we went back to their house for a barbeque. There was probably 50 people in and out and it was very nice to see all of my family.

October 11~my mom, me, and Olivia walked in Race for the Cure. It was my 3rd time to walk and Olivia's very first time! She loved being outside and watching all the people. It is always such a rush to see the thousands of women that come out to support the race. It still amazes me that you wait 30 minutes once the race starts to even start walking because it takes that long for all the people in front of you to get far enough ahead for you to move. I am so glad that we went.Olivia was worn out by the time we were done. But she had so much fun getting beads and all the other goodies they were handing out~!


Olivia and I spent the night with my mom that way we could just get up and go. Friday night we went to the Texarkana/Benton football game and saw my cousin Shelbi cheer. She is a junior for Arkansas High and a great great cheerleader. My aunt and Uncle were there and it was great to see them. It is my mom's brother and they live in Texarkana and we don't see them near as often as we should!!

Olivia is getting so big! She is 21 months and acting like she is 21!! She is repeating everything!! We are really having to watch what we say around her. She is so much fun!

No comments: